- Construction of Community Centres, open shed, roads, culverts, drains, class rooms in schools, drinking water system, development of ponds etc. in village in Angul District, Odisha.
- Improving Rural Livelihoods through Farmer-centric Integrated Watershed Management.
POWERGRID has undertaken establishment of “Model Sites of Learning” in two locations in Kudgi (Karnataka) and Kurnool (Andhra Pradesh), of about 5000 hectare each, for a period of 5 years w.e.f. 2013-14 with the following objectives:
- For harnessing the potential of rainfed areas by adopting integrated water source management approach.
- To enhance water availability and its (green and blue water) use efficiency for diversifying the livelihood systems in the target villages by adopting integrated water resource management approach and
- To build capacity of the farmers in the region for improving rural livelihoods through knowledge sharing and dissemination strategy.
Progress in Kurnool Dist.:
- Soil analysis & fertilizer recommendations completed;
- 6 capacity bldg program conducted during ‘15-’16;
- Three nos. of Check Dam are in progress;
- 2 Farm Ponds & 5 rockfill dams completed;
- Land development of 10 SC farmers with convergence of MGNREGS;
- 64 Participatory trails during kharif season in ‘14-15 were conducted to evaluate soil test base recommendations- which showed productivity improvement by 19-24% in maize, 27% in pigeon pea, 8% in groundnut and 9% in paddy;
Progress in Kudgi Dist.:
- Soil analysis & fertilizer recommendations completed;
- 2 check dam, 5 farm ponds, 3 bore well recharge & 2 sunken pits constructed;
- Participatory rural appraisal and other awareness, capacity building and community mobilization has been undertaken;
- 19 farmer capacity building program & 1 farmers' day was conducted;
- 49 Participatory trails during kharif season in ‘14-15 were conducted to evaluate soil test base recommendations- which showed productivity improvement by 17% in maize, 15% in pigeon pea, 19% in groundnut and 22% in chickpea;
- Skill Development training to 5000 youths through NSDC. POWERGRID in association with NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation) is imparting livelihood oriented skill development training to 5000 youths spread across 33 locations across the country. A tripartite MoU was signed between NSDF, NSDC & POWERGRID. Implementation is under progress.
- Imparting Skill Development Training Programme to 360 youths at Indo-Danish Tool Rooms at Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) & Patna (Bihar).
- Skill Development Programme in CNC Turning & Milling, condensed course in tool & Die making, Certificate course in Fitter Trade and certificate course in welding Technology to 125 no. of land oustee villagers near POWERGRID's substation of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
- Organising short-term vocational Skill Development Training programme for 560 nos. of Under-privileged / Unemloyed youth in association with CIPET.
- Imparting skill Development to 1500 Persons with Disabilities (PwD) through National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC).
- Placement linked skill development programme for unemployed / unskilled 300 youth in SRTS-II through ITCOT, Tamil Nadu.
- 25 nos. Capacity Building & Skill Development Training Programmes conducted for 500 beneficiaries at various locations of Eastern Region-II (Rangpo, Jorethang & Gangtok in Sikkim; Siliguri, Birpara, Subhashgram, Maithon, Dalkhola, Berhampore & Malda in West Bengal; Sundergarh, Indravati, Jeypore, Baripada & Angul in Odisha).
- Skill Development training on Transmission Line Tower Erection & Stringing.
- Vocational training programmes for 400 Rural Women on fruit and vegetable processing by Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), Utukur, Kadapa.
- Five months (2 months orientation and three months certificate programme in Tailoring) at POWERGRID Township Gurgaon (Haryana) for under-privilege children.
- Training in vocational skills will be imparted to around 20 girls and on successful completion of the course a certificate along with a sewing machine and associated accessories for tailoring required for self employment is provided.
- Construction of 10 Storied, 325 bedded Dharmshala at AIIMS, New Delhi, for providing shelter to patients and their attendants.
- MOU was signed on 19th March, 2014 for construction of the building. At present finishing work is under progress.
- Preventive Health Checkup camps at 94 locations across India. More than 25,000 persons enrolled and benefitted.
- Investigations like Hemoglobin, Blood Sugar, ECG, PFT, Blood pressure, Eye check up by physician doctors/consultants etc. were undertaken in the camps.
- Supply of Aids and appliances to around 2500 disabled persons at 09 locations through ALIMCO.
- Aids and appliances distributed to 1751 nos. persons in 08 camps.
- Donation of ambulances to Government hospitals
- Construction of 9437 nos of Toilets in 4244 nos of Schools under "Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyaan".
- Toilets were built in Government Schools in 170 blocks in 23 Districts in the 7 states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhatisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh.
- Construction of 40 room (120 bedded) Boys’ Hostel at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chattisgarh.
- Boy’s hostel will have 40 rooms (120 bedded on triple sharing basis with basic facilities. The construction work of hostel has started and slab of second floor has been casted.
- Scholarship to 850 students of Assam & Manipur, who became orphans due to Militancy/Communal violence, through National Foundation for Communal Harmony (NFCH) (Ministry of Home Affairs).
- Distribution of 10,000 solar lanterns to school children in Bihar, Jharkhand & Odisha for better education.
- Installation of 14 solar hand pumps for providing solar drinking water facility to far off hostels of Tribal Development Department in district Jashpur, Chattisgarh.
- Organized "RIGI-CHINGI Patashala" for rural and backward class school students in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
- Installation of Solar Photovoltaic Lights in various villages.
- Photovoltaic street lights have been installed.
- Chirang Reserve Forest with plantation of 50,000 saplings was successfully undertaken by POWERGRID in association with Eco-Task Force of the Indian Army and the Bodoland Territorial Council.
- Renovation of Bhairobaba Talab, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.